~We recently did a 6 day bike ride. We toured thru Mo. Along the ride we stopped for lunch in Monroe City , MO seeing flames shooting thru a window. curtains in flames blowing in the wind,,, the AC in the up stairs window on fire ! Tim stopped, a Truck of construction guys stopped,, they called 911, while I ran thru the house, and Tim found the garden hose to shoot it as far up as it could reach. It took the In Town Fire Dept 20 min to arrive ! when they got there they walked to their positions.. NOT RUN ?? .............. crazy.......
- ~ From there we cruised across to Nauvoo, Ill Mormon settlement. We did an afternoon of tours there,seeing the village with gun smith shop, school.. garden plots, Then the very fancy big Temple. We were not allowed inside as you need a special permission slip from your local church to get in.... (odd to me).
- ~ We did a hotel with in room hot tub that nite, old sore bones from the ride, (ooooooo Nice.) In the morning it was north to Lin & Teds. We stayed there a nite.. grilled out, got to visit with Gramma Jackie. Also went trailer shopping with Lin and boys. we found at Least ONE for each family.. we have good ideas! LOL ( thought I had bike pic from there.. maybe Lins camera?)
- ~ Down the road to Cedar Falls next. With a nice ride thru Iowa cornfields, pretty farms, admiring gardens along the way, fussing at the places where they mow 10 acres worth... nutz! We found Loris work. a Banquet party place... wonderful building. Sat down had a drink there before going across the road to hotel. later we did pizza with her girls and played in the pool. It made for a good nite.
- ~ Fri Lori had off so we rode out to her farm to view the many changes since tornado Blew it away last summer. WOW nice new red buildings and sheds. The horses have a good set up, the house and garage are situated on the hill with a view. Major progress there in the past year!
- ~Our trip to Eldora was sidetracked by a tornado there ! Nancy's house left standing but OH what a mess with siding & roof trashed! We did supper out at Huhot Chinese joint with Nancy, Mark, and Lori, sans kids. We all gathered afterwards at our hotel room for Much More Chatter ~ ( you expect anything else? from TheGreatCrazyIowaWomen)
- ~Saturday the sun was shining, it was back south we rode. It was cool so we did Jackets till state line. While we did many stops along the way, we still had numb butts by 4 pm when we arrived back at Camp David.
- ~And a Good Time Was Had By All ~~~
- ~Since arriving back home: bunches of canning from the garden. Possible study and work to do up a fall season garden. For Good Deeds I recvd a 110yard roll of batting finally.... so will be basting and quilting to keep active on the Good Deed quilts. Seven more in progress this week.